Marcus Harris declares for 2024 NFL Draft

<p>Marcus Harris lining up on defense during a football game between Ole Miss and Auburn on Oct. 30, 2021, from Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, AL, USA.</p>

Marcus Harris lining up on defense during a football game between Ole Miss and Auburn on Oct. 30, 2021, from Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, AL, USA.

After three seasons on the Plains, defensive line standout Marcus Harris elected to forgo another year of eligibility and enter his name into the NFL Draft. 

Harris made the announcement on social media.

“I want to thank my teammates for pushing me to be the best version of myself of myself and going through the ups and downs and adversity with me,” Harris said via his Instagram. “I want to thank to thank everybody at Auburn University from the academic advisors, to the equipment room, to the trainers, to the janitors for making my job easier and giving me a good laugh every here and there.” 

Harris, a native of Montgomery, Alabama, began his career at the University of Kansas in 2019, spending two seasons there before transferring to Auburn in May 2021 and recording 36 starts. 

In his time with Auburn, Harris recorded 97 total tackles, 23.5 tackles for a loss and 11 sacks. In 2023, Harris recorded career highs in tackles for a loss with 11 and seven total sacks, leading the team in both statistics. 

After being graded as Pro Football Focus’s second-highest graded defender on the roster behind D.J. James, Harris has not announced if he plans to join his teammates in Auburn’s bowl game against Maryland on Dec. 30.

Craig Noyes | Sports Writer

Craig Noyes is a junior from Kensington, Maryland, majoring in journalism. He joined The Plainsman in January 2023.

Twitter: @craignoyes58

Share and discuss “Marcus Harris declares for 2024 NFL Draft” on social media.