Auburn rises to No. 16 in AP Poll

Auburn head coach Bruce Pearl shares a smile while answering questions from reporters about the team's upcoming NCAA Tournament second-round matchup against Miami during a press session in Greenville, South Carolina, on March 19, 2022.

After a week in which it earned a 20-point win over Penn and a 32-point win at Arkansas, Auburn rose to No. 16 in the AP Poll released Monday. It was a nine-spot rise from Auburn's previous No. 25 position and marked the Tigers' second week in the rankings this season.

The Tigers' promotion in the rankings followed a weekend in which 10 ranked teams lost, seven to unranked opponents.

Auburn is one of three SEC teams in this week's rankings, joining No. 5 Tennessee and No. 6 Kentucky.

The Tigers will have a chance to defend their ranking at home this week, as they face Texas A&M and LSU at Neville Arena. The contest against the Aggies is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 9 at 8 p.m. CST on ESPN2.

Matthew Wallace | Assistant Sports Editor

Matthew is a senior from Huntsville, Alabama, majoring in journalism. He started with The Plainsman in fall 2021.

Twitter: @mattwallaceAU

Share and discuss “Auburn rises to No. 16 in AP Poll” on social media.