Auburn cornerback Nehemiah Pritchett drafted to Seattle Seahawks

Auburn cornerback Nehemiah Pritchett (18) celebrates a pass breakup against the Arkansas Razorbacks in Jordan-Hare Stadium on Oct. 29, 2022.

Nehemiah Pritchett was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks with the No. 136 pick in the fifth round of the 2024 NFL Draft. Pritchett is a 23-year-old cornerback who played five seasons for the Auburn Tigers. 

Pritchett was a three-star recruit from Jackson Alabama when he committed to Auburn back in 2019. In the five years since, he has amassed 115 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, three interceptions, 24 pass deflections and one forced fumble. 

The senior cornerback battled through an injury to start the 2023 season, missing his first three games, before returning for the start of the Tigers' to SEC play at Texas A&M. Pritchett totaled 22 total tackles last season, 18 of which were solo efforts, and notably had a singular interception, a 30-yard return at Vanderbilt. 

Auburn CB Nehemiah Pritchett (1) lines up for a play against Texas A&M on Kyle Field on Sept. 23, 2023.

Pritchett went to the NFL Draft Combine and measured in at 6-foot and 190-pounds. He ran a 4.36 second 40-yard dash which ranked fourth among all corners in attendance, as well as recording a 34.5 inches vertical jump. 

Pritchett projects to be a potential starter in the NFL with good length and athleticism to perform in a variety of coverage. He showed solid comfortability with press coverage in college, with good footwork to match and mirror, and showed good instincts at slapping balls down at the catch point.  

The now former Auburn Tiger will join the Seahawks who finished the 2023 season with a 9-8 record and third in the NFC West division race. 

Luke McClure | Sports Writer

Luke McClure is a junior from Huntsville, Alabama, majoring in sports production. He joined The Plainsman in fall 2023.

Twitter: @lukemcclure0

Share and discuss “Auburn cornerback Nehemiah Pritchett drafted to Seattle Seahawks” on social media.