Broome to return to Auburn for 2024-25 season

Johni Broome and Bruce Pearl after winning the SEC Tournament Championship on March 17, 2024

Bruce Pearl and the Auburn Tigers received massive news regarding their 2024-25 roster as Johni Broome announced his return for his third season on the Plains. 

Broome, who was a second-team All-SEC performer in 2023 and a first-team member in 2024, made the announcement on social media Wednesday evening.

The 6-foot-10-inch, 240-pound rising senior averaged 16.5 points per game in the 2023-24 season en route to being named the MVP of the SEC Tournament. Broome averaged just under 25 minutes per game and shot 54.8% from the field in his second season at Auburn. He scored in double digits in the Tigers’ last 26 games of the season.

Johni Broome shakes the rim in celebration of winning the SEC Tournament on March 17, 2024

Broome was named a consensus third-team All-American in 2024 – the 14th Tiger to receive All-American recognition by at least one publication. In addition to his scoring average, Broome pulled down 8.5 rebounds per game and had 78 blocks on the season. Broome improved his 3-point shooting from 29% in the 2022-23 season to 35.4% in 2023-24.

Broome’s return gives Auburn both of its rotation big men back for the 2024-25 campaign, as Dylan Cardwell previously announced his return for his fifth season with the Tigers.

Matthew Wallace | Assistant Sports Editor

Matthew is a senior from Huntsville, Alabama, majoring in journalism. He started with The Plainsman in fall 2021.

Twitter: @mattwallaceAU

Share and discuss “Broome to return to Auburn for 2024-25 season” on social media.