Emily Esleck | Editor-in-Chief

Articles

Samford Hall and Park on the path to completion

Phase I of the Samford Park project was completed in February 2014 with the planting of the new Toomer's Oaks, according to Ben Burmester, campus planner. Phase II began with the installation of a 14-foot-wide brick arching walkway reaching from Toomer's Corner to Samford Hall.

Jiu jitsu brings grappling to Glenn

To the average person, jiu jitsu might not ring any bells, but for Auburn Mixed Martial Arts and Auburn Jiu Jitsu owners, jiu jitsu is more than a martial art.  Randall Phillips said he has been practicing jiu jitsu for 31 years starting in Brazil when he was 14.  Phillips said he studied for three years at the Gracie Jiu Jitsu Academy in Brazil, which is based on teachings of Reylson Gracie, father of Helio Gracie.

City Council meets for revenue review

The Auburn City Council met Monday night, July 20, to discuss the mid-biennium budget adjustment and the revenue review, which is done every four years, according to David Dorton, public affairs director for the city. 

Appel named interim agriculture dean

Arthur Appel, professor of entomology, was named interim dean for the College of Agriculture and director for Alabama Agricultural Experiment Station on Monday, July 6, according to Provost Timothy Boosinger.  Appel succeeded Paul Patterson, who served as acting dean and director for several weeks.

Media