Michelle Wilder / CAMPUS EDITOR

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Giuliani Conveys Leadership

An organization new to Auburn will begin its program with a speaker known across the nation.Former Mayor of New York, Rudy Giuliani, will speak on leadership in challenging times in the Coliseum May 3."We were one of the few universities without a speaker series in the Southeast," said Drew Robinson, president of Perspectives on the Plains.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

UPC Shines Light Into Concert Process

UPC doesn't need a "crying shoulder," because it successfully booked the Goo Goo Dolls for the annual spring concert.The organization began searching for an artist last December and it has been an ongoing process ever since, said Paul Bagley, UPC director of major entertainment.Bagley said UPC usually plans a larger spring concert and smaller fall concert, so the Goo Goo Dolls fit the bill for spring."We are allocated $230,000 for the year from SGA to cover two concerts," Bagley said.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

Kappa Delta Prevents Child Abuse With 5K

Drawing in the large running community and supporting child abuse prevention, Kappa Delta Sorority hosted its 17th annual Shamrock Run 5K last Saturday.Eighty percent of the proceeds from the 5K benefited LeeSCAN Special Deliveries, a local nonprofit, and 20 percent benefited Prevention of Child Abuse America, a national committee, both supporting the prevention of child abuse and helping young mothers."(I chose this race) for March because it benefits children," said Gigi Stokes, who ran with her dog Haley.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

Kristi MeGahee Elected Miss Auburn

After being announced Miss Auburn at the SGA callouts Thursday night, Kristi MeGahee said she is ready to get the ball rollin'."It's been the most fun and rewarding week of my life, and I'm really excited," MeGahee said.MeGahee, whose platform supports the Lakeshore Foundation for returning soldiers, said she is ready to start working on her platform as soon as possible.

Campus

Honor Band Keeps Arts Alive

After more than 850 high school band members applied for Auburn's honor band, only 223 were selected to participate in the 19th annual Honor Band Festival last weekend.After auditions, participants were split into three bands--Tiger Band, Eagle Band and Wind Symphony--and spent two-and-a-half days preparing for the final concert for friends and family Sunday, Feb.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

Former Vet Dean's Career Honored

Auburn veterinary dean emeritus John Thomas Vaughan received the Distinguished Educator Award by The American Association of Equine Practitioners.Vaughan, a 1955 graduate of Auburn and former president of AAEP and the American College of Veterinary Surgeons, accepted the award in Las Vegas during the President's Luncheon at the 55th Convention Dec.

More articles »