Hostess Spotlight: Tigerettes and Tiger Hosts

The Tigerettes and Tiger Hosts have served as the public relation representatives for the Auburn University Athletic Department since the fall of 1978, and they continue each year as an honored legacy and tradition of Auburn.

"As the official hosts of the athletic department I would say that having the opportunity to meet many different people and being able to form lasting relationships is one of the many things I cherish about being a part of this organization," said Dominique Neville, president of Tigerettes and Tiger Hosts.

The group of 87 members works with the athletic department by assisting the Athletic Director, Tigers Unlimited, the Alumni Association and at community functions.

They also work with the Office of University Recruitment, serving as a part of the athletic division of Students of Auburn Recruitment recruiting prospective student-athletes alongside Student Recruiters, operating in the academic division.

"We need as many people in the recruiting process as possible," said Doug Taylor, a sophomore in business. "When they see that closeness of people who are involved, they realize Auburn is a better place."

Audra Brawley, a sophomore Tigerette in biomedical sciences, said the main duties of Tigerettes and Tiger Hosts are recruiting the best young men to become Auburn football players, aiding the coaches, helping the secretaries in the office with mail outs to prospective players and working with the athletic department in recruiting students.

"I absolutely love Auburn football because I grew up watching it every Saturday in the fall with my dad," Brawley said. "He has three daughters and turned me into his makeshift son. We would come to games and see the girls with recruits, and I knew how much impact they had on the future of Auburn football. I wanted to be them so I could impact Auburn football too."

Neville said Tigerettes and Tiger Hosts are groups for those students who believe in Auburn and everything it has to offer.

"I would be willing to say that we have the best game day experience next to the actual players, from being on the front lines of Tiger Walk, to standing on the side lines throughout pre-game festivities, to being the first to congratulate our players once they head off the field," Neville said. "Who can beat that?"

Brawley said her favorite part of being a Tigerette has been getting to know the new coaching staff.

"They care for even us so much and stress 'family' in their daily life," Brawley said. "I've loved getting to be a part of something that affects so many people."

Neville's duties as president of the group include serving primarily as the liaison between Auburn University Athletic Department administrators and the organization, daily hostings of prospective students and prospective student-athletes, providing clerical and administrative support for the athletic department, and serving at various athletic department functions.

"I am fortunate to have a host of amazing advisors and nine fellow officers who help in the operations and tasks of the organization," Neville said.

Share and discuss “Hostess Spotlight: Tigerettes and Tiger Hosts” on social media.