Ansley Prather: the face of TigerCard

One way to be remembered at Auburn is to have your profile tripled in size and posted for the entire campus to see. 

The face of TigerCard, Ansley Prather, senior is psychology, knows exactly how this feels. 

According to Melissa Prather, director of Auxiliary Services, the current face of TigerCard was introduced in 2012, and the giant TigerCard located on the wall outside of the TigerCard office in the Student Center was put up two years ago..  

Ansley works in the TigerCard office during the year and throughout Camp War Eagle sessions. 

She helps make and program cards, and works with parents when they are loading money onto their students cards. 

Prather said she was surprised when her boss, Bryan Cotney, manager for external affairs, asked her if she would mind being the face on the sample TigerCard.

Prather said it is mostly parents who recognize her.

“Parents walk into the office where I work and look at me funny,” Ansley said. “They eventually ask if it is me.” 

Ansley said she has gotten used to the card over time, but at first it was a little strange to see her profile that large. 

According to Cotney, there was no single deciding factor when choosing Ansley for the card. Ansley exemplifies a typical Auburn student, Cotney said. 

“She has been a student employee of mine for a few years now and has spent the entirety of that time working in the TigerCard office,” Cotney said. 

Cotney said Ansley’s positive attitude, outgoing personality and exceptional work ethic has made her a valuable asset to the office. 

Cotney joked he would have used his own picture for the card, but those involved agreed Ansley’s image would be a better way to introduce the new card.

Share and discuss “Ansley Prather: the face of TigerCard” on social media.