SGA presidential run-off voting closes at 7 p.m.

SGA's run-off election for president between Brock Hendon and Jacqueline Keck will end at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 9.

Students can cast their vote for either candidate by going to voting.auburn.edu or through AU Access.

Once logged into the portal, voters can find the link to SGA elections voting under the 'My Campus' tab in AU Access.

The "Brock Solid" and "We Can With Keck" campaigns came head-to-head on Tuesday, Feb. 7 during SGA Callouts when it was announced they'd be going into a run-off vote just two days laters.

The initial election required the winner to earn at least 40 percent of the vote. Keck walked away on Tuesday at 37.81 percent with 3,834 votes, while Hendon earned 32.82 percent with 3,328 votes.

Keck said she wasn't surprised the SGA presidential election went into a run-off.

"I kind of expected a run-off," Keck said. "I think my team walked in with the understanding that that was a very strong possibility. Brock is awesome, I have a lot of respect for him and his campaign. They did a great job."

Hendon said he hopes he gets the chance to work with all of those elected on Tuesday night.

"Auburn's going to be fine," Hendon said. "We've done well with so many different candidates this week and I want to congratulate the candidates that have won. I'm really excited to work with them if given the opportunity. I hope the student body puts their faith behind me on Thursday."

The new SGA president will be announced tonight at 10 p.m. on Cater Lawn.

The Plainsman is providing continuous SGA election coverage and will be providing updates throughout the day.

Share and discuss “SGA presidential run-off voting closes at 7 p.m.” on social media.