Student furthers acting, equestrian career

Auburn student and equestrian team member Alex Ladove started riding horses at the age of 7 when a friend took her to a backyard farm. Ladove had no idea that this hobby would lead to an acting career in the distant future.

Ladove earned her first role as an extra in Lee Daniel’s “The Butler” through a connection she made as a result of her riding career.

From there, her acting career took off when she was cast in “Life of Crime,” starring Jennifer Aniston, Tim Robbins and Isla Fischer.

“On set, I got to watch Tim Robbins and Jennifer Aniston work, and I learned so much from them,” Ladove said.

After “Life of Crime” wrapped up, Ladove was given the opportunity to work on an indie film called “Broken Vows” with Wes Bentley, Jaimie Alexander and Cam Gigandet.

A big break for the new actress, the film served as her first major supporting role and allowed her to work closely with Alexander and Bentley.

Her two passions were even able to collide during the filming of “Broken Vows.” Ladove said she was able to not only ride but interact with the horses on set.

“Having a background in riding allowed me to do all of my stunts, which is actually very unusual for most actors,” Ladove said.

The two hobbies have piggybacked off of each other, Ladove said, with each one teaching her new skills for the other. She said acting has taught her how to perform better under pressure and overall has helped her to ride better than before. 

"Auburn has helped me continue my passion for riding through giving me an opportunity to be a member of the equestrian team," Ladove said. "Being on the team has pushed me to improve my riding and work ethic."

Share and discuss “Student furthers acting, equestrian career” on social media.