2019 dual-threat QB Bo Nix commits to Auburn, looks to continue father's legacy

The 6-foot-2 Nix is the No. 2 dual-threat QB in the country in the class of 2019

Gus Malzahn nabbed his second 2019 prospect Wednesday afternoon in four-star legacy quarterback Bo Nix. The Pinson Valley High School product comes home to The Plains, where his father Patrick Nix played his college ball.

Nix's finalists included Ohio State and Clemson. Playing under center with his father as the head coach, Pinson Valley won the 6A state title this past season. Bo Nix passed for 35 touchdowns during his junior campaign, despite missing four games with injury.

Per Rivals.com, the 6-foot-2 Nix is the No. 2 dual-threat QB in the country in the class of 2019, and the No. 2 player in the state. He joins 2019 wideout George Pickens, who is the No. 1 receiver in the state, as Auburn's pair of commits for next year.

"I believe in Auburn, and I love it," Nix said in his commitment video on Wednesday.

Patrick Nix threw for 4,957 yards and 31 scores in his four-year career as a Tiger. The verbal commitment sets up for a future position battle between 2017 signee Malik Willis, 2018 four-star Joey Gatewood and Nix. 

Share and discuss “2019 dual-threat QB Bo Nix commits to Auburn, looks to continue father's legacy” on social media.