Anna Schierholz / WRITER

Campus

Vet School Opens House

The College of Veterinary Medicine held its annual open house Saturday at its campus on Wire Road.Through the rain there were a variety of activities and demonstrations to help educate future veterinary students."It's really beneficial because it provides a glimpse of what you can expect once you're a student in the vet school," said Shannon Hinton, a recent veterinary school admit.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Auto Supplier Creates Jobs

Auburn will be welcoming an influx of jobs over the next two years thanks to a Korean auto supplier.Pyongsan America, Inc. has outgrown its facility in Auburn after eight years in Auburn Technology Park North.It plans to spend $5 million on its expansion, which includes 100 new jobs."We are thrilled to be able to offer Pyongsan a solution for growth in Auburn," said Mayor Bill Ham after learning of the company's plan to expand to another location.Ham said he is impressed with the company's growth, and the amount of jobs it has provided in the Auburn area will double with the opening of the new facility.The Auburn City Council approved an unspecified incentives package for the company at its meeting April 6.Pyongsan America is an auto supplier that specializes in air-conditioner and heater core pipe assembly.

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Tigers Fall To Tide In Weekend Series

After losing the first two games of the series, the Auburn softball team started off Game Three with a bang.Junior Kyndall White hit a bomb in straight-away center field to put the Tiger's up 1-0 on the first pitch in the bottom of the first inning.But The Tigers couldn't hold the lead for long. The Tide swept them, taking the third game 10-2.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Oh, the horror!

It's supposed to be a day of warm fuzzies, flowers, chocolates, oversized stuffed teddy bears and romance.Valentine's Day: some dread it, some anxiously await its arrival, counting down the days on a Cupid-covered calendar.But, for some, it's not always heart-shaped doilies and happiness.

More articles »