Chizik Prepares Team for Upcoming Season

The Auburn Tigers are preparing to take the field for the 2009 season, after finding some last minute improvements from their first scrimmage on Tuesday, Aug. 11.

"I thought it was a productive night," said coach Gene Chizik. "We did some really good things on both sides of the ball. Of course, we really will not know until we examine some film.

He said they played a lot of different people in their first scrimmage, including many younger guys.

Chizik said he is looking to do at least two more live scrimmages before the season starts because it shows what needs improvement.

"You have got to be able to put them in these situations a minimum of three times before you play," said Chizik. "The officials are there, the clock is running, they are trying to get the tempo, they are having to see it from the sideline, they are not being coached every play. For the young guys, it is invaluable and I think there is going to be a lot of great learning tonight in the film room. It was great for them tonight."

After their first scrimmage many players felt at ease and prepared for their first game of the season Sept. 5.

"It's going to be pretty good right now, they are working us real hard but we are coming together more as a team," Darvin Adams, a wide receiver, said. "I believe we will be ready by Sept. 5."

He said while the team is coming together they are all adjusting really well to the knew coaching staff.

Share and discuss “Chizik Prepares Team for Upcoming Season” on social media.