Chris Todd announced as starting quarterback for fall

Coach Gene Chizik announced Chris Todd would be the starting quarterback come September after Thursday's practice.

"Everybody wants to know what's happening at the quarterback position, and we made some very tough decisions after very thoroughly evaluating the whole situation, " Chizik said. "We decided to go with Chris Todd as our starter. We talked to our team about it, we talked to each quarterback about it. Again, at the end of the day, we're always going to make the decision that we feel gives us the best chance to win."

Chizik also announced quarterback Kodi Burns would be taking on a different role with the team.

"Kodi's a very talented young man, and he's an Auburn man to the bone," Chizik said. "He's very unselfish. We just feel like Kodi can help this football team somewhere on our offense. We feel like we can play him at some wildcat, do some wildcat things on offense, as well as put him over there at wide receiver, which he went over there tonight and did a great job.

Obviously, he understands that position being a quarterback, but he's very athletic, and we want to give our football team every opportunity to win football games, and he was a true champion today."

Share and discuss “Chris Todd announced as starting quarterback for fall” on social media.