Auburn's Executive MBA Program Ranks 40th in Nation

Auburn's executive MBA programs have joined the University's already extensive directory of internationally ranked curricula, receiving mention in the Financial Times' list of the world's best.

The programs have been in existence for 11 years and are ranked 40th in the nation. This is the first year the program was eligible to make the list.

Though schools such as Florida and Georgia are usually seen in the rankings, the only other SEC school to make this year's list was Tennessee, which ranked 46th in the U.S.

"Last year we celebrated the 10th anniversary of the start of Auburn's executive MBA programs, and we view this honor as a recognition of our growth and accomplishments," said Dan Gropper, professor of economics and associate dean of the MBA programs. "We feel that this has helped put Auburn on the map internationally."

Data for the study is compiled by canvassing alumni, who answer questions regarding career progress, use of the program in reaching goals and level of earnings. Other criteria include diversity, international reach and faculty research productivity.

"We're very proud of the ranking, because it shows that we're headed in the right direction," said Stan Harris, professor of management and director of the physicians executive MBA program. "People outside of the Auburn family are appreciating some of the things we've been doing. We've been making a difference in our graduates' lives by positioning them to be able to get jobs better and enhance the reputation of the degrees that they receive."

The College of Business is one of only 15 percent of business schools in the world to be accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business on both the undergraduate and graduate levels, the highest standard of achievement attainable by a business school.

In addition to the work of students and alumni, surveyors looked at the accomplishments of faculty, such as their publication in academic journals.

"There are hundreds and hundreds of programs that can be ranked, but you have to have a minimum of 35 graduates," Gropper said. "We had some smaller classes and didn't have quite enough graduates for several years. The fact that this ranking is out signifies that we are being recognized as one of the best programs in the world."

Though the Financial Times only ranks a certain number of schools, it considers most major executive MBA programs, including Auburn.

"To give this some perspective, the Financial Times looks at all big, major accredited executive MBA programs," Gropper said. "There's the AACSD, which is a big American accrediting group that goes through about 400 or 500 fully accredited programs."

According to the Financial Times, graduates of the MBA program made an average of $126,823 in one to three years following graduation. In addition, the same surveyed alumni saw their salaries increase 39 percent.

Though it was the alumni whose surveys determined the ranking, members of the Auburn administration acknowledge this honor is a team effort.

"This ranking is a tribute to both the faculty and staff who have worked to build this program and to the accomplishments of our alumni," said Paul Bobrowski, dean of the College of Business. "It is a pleasure to see our program receive international recognition at this level."

Share and discuss “Auburn's Executive MBA Program Ranks 40th in Nation” on social media.