Auburn's Outback Bowl Activities

Bowl games offer fans a chance to visit and interact with new locations and give them one last chance to cheer on their team.

While bowl games offer fans a chance to expand their tailgating range, the teams are often invited to outings and events as a reward for their hard work and dedication.

Wonder what the Auburn football players will be up to during their stay in Tampa?

Various events for both teams will be held throughout the week.

Auburn will arrive in Tampa Saturday, Dec. 26.

Upon arrival the teams will attend the Outback Steakhouse Team Welcome Dinner.

After dinner the players are invited to the St. Pete Times Forum in downtown Tampa to watch the Tampa Bay Lightning take on the Atlanta Thrashers. Faceoff is set for 7:30 p.m.

An Auburn team practice will be held at the University of Tampa from 10:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 27.

Players and coaches will visit St Joseph's Children's Hospital after practice.

After practice and a news conference Monday, Dec. 28, coaches and players will head to Busch Gardens for a team outing.

The DeBartolo team luncheon, which features the teams' official travel parties and bowl supporters, will be at the Tampa Convention Center Tuesday, Dec. 29.

Following the luncheon and practice, players will enjoy food and games at GameWorks in Ybor City from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Doors open to the public at 8 p.m.

The Fellowship of Christian Athletes will hold a breakfast attended by some players and coaches. The breakfast, which is open to the public, will feature guest speaker Tony Dungy and will be at 7 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 30 at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Tampa.

From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. the players, coaches, marching bands and cheerleaders will soak up the sun at the Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort.

The event is open to the public and will feature the college marching bands and cheerleaders performing on the beach, skydivers, cheerleader tug-o-war and a fan pie-eating contest.

The teams will wind down their day with the MetLife/Mercedes Benz Gridiron Gala, which welcomes school administrators, coaches and bowl supporters at 7 p.m.

The Tigers will have a final walk through at Raymond James Stadium Thursday, Dec. 31.

While not all of these events are open to the public, Tampa offers other events and activities for Auburn fans.

The United Healthcare Children's Foundation New Year's Eve Parade and Ybor Band Blast will be from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 31 in Ybor City.

The parade will feature both college bands, approximately 15 high school bands, floats and will be followed by a pep rally involving both teams' cheerleaders.

The Tampa Bay Auburn Club will sponsor a special bowl edition of Tiger Talk from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Tampa Marriott Waterside New Year's Eve. This free event includes Auburn coaches and guests answering the audience's questions.

Channelside Bay Plaza is the central hub of nightlight activity New Year's Eve.

"Light Up Tampa Bay" consists of live entertainment, a midnight fireworks show and a ball drop along the downtown Tampa waterfront.

Splitsville, a restaurant, lounge and bowling alley in Channelside, welcomes Auburn fans to come bowl and count down the New Year. Admission is free, but special food and drink packages can be purchased through the Tampa Bay Auburn Club's Web site, www.tampabayauburnclub.com, with all proceeds supporting Auburn scholarships.

A pregame bowl bash will be just south of the stadium, between Gates C and D along Tampa Bay Boulevard, from 8 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 31. Bowl fans can get ready for the game with live music and a pep rally.

Visit www.outbackbowl.com for more area information, tickets and hotel reservations.

Share and discuss “Auburn's Outback Bowl Activities” on social media.