Hello, Goodbye, See you Soon

This semester has come and gone and with that, we at the paper have had successes and room for improvement.

There are a few staff members leaving that have been a true asset to this paper professionally and personally and will truly be missed on both levels.

Julian, who has brought comic relief every time he graces the office with his less than punctual presence, has been behind the camera this semester. This new aspect to the paper would not have been a success without his input, dedication and hard work.

This semester The Plainsman had numerous new people on staff that exhibited whatever.

Coming in new on staff and taking a section completely under her control, Brittany and her work ethic will truly be missed. Just like she had big shoes to fill, the next in line will as well.

Dr. Cosby has worked through the flu, 5 a.m. workouts, wisdom teeth removal and German class and still managed to put out an impressive campus section while writing stories for the front each week.

Sam Solomon is a name you will hear again. He came on staff not able to quote any individual to save his life to being one of the best writers and reporters within a single semester.

His creativity and early mornings has made an imprint in the paper this semester.

Another workhorse who will be missed is Jordan.

It's not uncommon for her name to appear more than 10 times a week within the paper and online.

She's pursuing her career in SGA, and I wish her luck with that and all her endeavors.

Nick is the hardest for me to part with. On the journalist level, we connect because of the need and want to stay in this field. He has a passion that cannot be replaced.

Nick, your foreign ways and fresh attitude will be missed in this office.

With the parting of old members and coming of new ones in the spring, I feel this an opportunity for transition with the paper.

We haven't covered everything we needed to on campus including the SGA's activities and what the Board of Trustees are actually doing. More in-depth coverage of the campus has slipped this semester.

You will see more of that next year.

With the coming of the new year, you will also see some changes to the Web site to better serve you.

A readership survey will also be coming out Jan. 25 via e-mail so we can get feedback from you to better ourselves for your service.

All of this is possible because of The Plainsman staff.

As always, I want to hear from you and what we can do to make The Plainsman better for its readers.

Thanks for reading, and we'll see you next semester.

Share and discuss “Hello, Goodbye, See you Soon” on social media.