YOUR VIEW: Benefits for Same-Sex Couples at AU Not Fine With AU Alumnus

Editor, the Auburn Plainsman

The Plainsman editors argue that Auburn adopt a same-sex benefits policy. But the editors seem more interested in approbation for homosexual unions than in ideals of equality.

They criticize other school guidelines as too vague because they want it made clear that gay unions, not a nebulously defined class, is at stake.

Their passion for gay conduct is puzzling. Do they lack appreciation for other lifestyles?

After all, the advantage of vague language might also mean benefits for pedophiles, polygamists or, perhaps, ones who engage in bestiality.

And why not benefits for adulterous heterosexual couples too?

No, actually, the editorial staff "like some institutions"suffers from an epidemic of political cowardice: a failure (or refusal) to acknowledge a natural order of life since the dawn of mankind. MARRIAGE is a sacred relationship between one man and one woman, a miraculous bonding where two become one flesh, perpetuating humanity.

None of the editors is the product of a same-sex union.

Nevertheless, they have no reservations about equating such with the parents that gave them life and sacrificed so they might attend Auburn where they lobby for sexual practices that inure only to prurient interests.

Do the parents of these budding journalists know their enlightened darlings equate their love, pain and sacrifice with the pusillanimous lust of individuals?

On the bright side, they should have no trouble finding work in modern media where honesty and critical analysis are no longer required for a job.

The editors' pitiable commentary is, again, evidence that Auburn teaches students what to think, not how to think.

They're either brainwashed or they simply lack the courage to speak truth; and are easily led through the gates of intellectual slaughter. So much for The Plainsman's catchphrase "A Spirit That is Not Afraid."

Jeff S. Barganier

Class of '78

Share and discuss “YOUR VIEW: Benefits for Same-Sex Couples at AU Not Fine With AU Alumnus” on social media.