YOUR VIEW: College Republicans respond to letter

In response to the letter by Brent Culver in the Feb. 25th publication of The Auburn Plainsman, Auburn University College Republicans would like to clarify our position on several key issues concerning the 2010 elections.

Auburn University College Republicans has not, and will not, endorse a candidate in the primary race.

When Mr. Culver was accusing College Republicans of compromising their credibility with a primary endorsement he was referring to the College Republican Federation of Alabama's endorsement in a press release on Jan. 25th.

AUCR was not a part of this decision; it was a vote of the personal opinions of each CRFA executive member, separate of the beliefs of AUCR.

As Chairman of AUCR, I believe that it is of the utmost importance to consider and research all of the Republican gubernatorial candidates until the nominee is announced after the June primaries.

Our organization will fully support the 2010 Republican nominee for governor.

AUCR encourages all members to find a candidate who they believe in and we will provide the opportunities to get involved in every single campaign.

The 2010 elections are crucial not only in Washington, D.C., but here in Alabama as well. I strongly encourage every student to find a candidate whose vision aligns with their values, get involved in that candidate's campaign, and make a difference this election year.

I know that every Auburn student is capable of "deciding which Republican to choose," but AUCR is here to assist in any aspect of this process and would consider it a privilege to do so.

The leadership of AUCR continues to promote Republican candidates and uphold conservative values; we invite all students to share their opinions and join us in this cause.

Share and discuss “YOUR VIEW: College Republicans respond to letter” on social media.