Track hosts War Eagle invite

The Auburn track and field teams will be hosting the War Eagle Invitational at Hutsell-Rosen Track next Friday and Saturday.

Entrance will be free for the public.

The invitational will feature numerous teams from across the Southeast.

After a successful outing at the Seminole Invitational last weekend in Tallahassee, in which the teams won a combined six events during the two days of competition, head coach Russell Spry said he is confident in the team's current position.

"I think we're where we need to be," Spry said.

Sophomore Maya Pressley won the women's high jump with 1.83 meters while freshman DJ Smith finished first in the men's high jump with 2.05 meters.

The home tournament will be a welcomed challenge for the Tigers because despite his confidence, Spry admitted the Tigers will be facing much more difficult competition than they did last weekend.

"There's going to be a real challenge for us," Spry said. "We just try to improve each weekend. We have a lot of young athletes and we're trying to get them rolling."

Auburn had it's only home meet in the Tiger Track Classic earlier in the month.

"I feel very good having a home crowd," said sophomore Maya Pressley. "It's nice to have that."

Pressley has the team's best women's high jump at 1.80 meters.

The Tigers finished with seven titles in the two days of competition during their lone home meet. Auburn's 4x100-meter relay team recorded their season-best time of 43.80 during that tournament.

Sophomore Harry Adams, who is second on the team in the men's 100-meter with 10.17, said he feels the team can continue to perform well with the effort being applied now.

"We're just running hard and getting good times," Adams said. "I have to go out there and do my best."

Share and discuss “Track hosts War Eagle invite” on social media.