Football first ladies lead charity talk

Chizik and Malzahn are teaming up again, but this time it's the misses whom people are listening to.

Jonna Chizik and Kristi Malzahn are scheduled to speak at this year's Women's Philanthropy Board Fall Luncheon Oct. 14. This is the first of three key events sponsored by the organization.

The luncheon will launch WPB's celebration of its 10-year anniversary, "A Decade of Philanthropic Impact: Advancing the Vision."

Tickets to the event are on sale for $55 per person and $550 for a table of 10.

Prior to the luncheon, Gene Chizik's book, "All In: What it Takes to Be the Best," will be available, with the proceeds benefiting The Chizik Family YouTurn Foundation Inc.

The board said it is ecstatic about an expected full house next week.

"We hope people will feel inspired and empowered to maximize their philanthropy aspirations," said Sidney James Nakhjavan, director of the WPB.

"'All In' Advancing Philanthropy" is the theme for the event, tying together the speakers and message.

After the luncheon a dedication ceremony will be held at the Cary building on North College Street for the board's invited guests.

"Jonna and Kristi have worked closely with the board in preparation for the event," Nakhjavan said. "They have been an absolute joy to work with."

The WPB, housed in the College of Human Sciences, has awarded more than $325,000 in scholarships and faculty awards, programmatic support and educational programs.

Whitney Griswold, senior in interdisciplinary studies, has volunteered for the WPB since 2009.

"I'm so excited to learn from Mrs. Chizik and Mrs. Malzahn's experiences," Griswold said. "I want to know what has motivated them to give back abroad and back home in their community."

Share and discuss “Football first ladies lead charity talk” on social media.