Meet at the Midway

The Zipper is one of about 20 rides providing entertainment on the Midway for Lee County fair-goers. Unlimited ride passes are $20. (Maria Iampietro / PHOTO EDITOR)

You don't have to search far for cheap, fun and different plans Thursday through Saturday.

The Lee County Fair has arrived in town for the 64th time and has plenty of attractions planned.

"The fair is entertainment for youth of all ages in the county," said Jim Sadler, president of Lee County Fair Association. "It is a great way to have fun without a great expense."

Located off Highway 431 near Opelika High School, the fair will be open Thursday and Friday at 6 p.m. and Saturday at 4 p.m. Admission is $3 for adults, $2 for students and children and $1 for senior citizens.

"I hope everyone will come to the fair," said Opelika Mayor Gary Fuller. "It's going to be a beautiful and fun week. You need to come out and enjoy some food and rides."

Sadler said unlimited ride passes can be purchased for $20. There will be approximately 20 rides, including a Ferris wheel and the Zipper.

Another feature of the fair is competitions like animal exhibitions.

The steer and heifer shows took center stage Wednesday night, and a goat show will take place Thursday night.

"I hope nothing ever happens to the fair," Fuller said. "It reminds me of the good ol' days."

Share and discuss “Meet at the Midway” on social media.