Frustrated by parking changes

Like every other student at Auburn I have a few concerns with the new "improvement" to our parking situation.

First, pretty much all that this new parking pass is going to do is drastically improve the parking predicament for the 1,700 people that are lucky enough to win a chance to purchase the Proximate C parking pass, but seriously piss off the rest of Auburn's commuters.

I also don't understand how you have decided to eliminate 90 percent of the C-zone parking and double the cost of a C-zone parking pass, and expected there not to be a flood of complaints immediately after you sent the email. In the most recent email you said that there would be a guaranteed spot in one of the three Proximate C lots to pass holders at all times,.That means there are always going to be unused spots which will be a huge waste of the time and effort to make parking more organized, but ultimately less efficient.

My last complaint: I honestly do not believe that the gained revenue will be used to improve the Tiger Transit system.

The only other thing that you are promising the people that get screwed out of a Proximate C-zone parking pass and get stuck with a $60 C-zone pass is that you are working on an app that will tell you where the Tiger Transit is in real time and how many people are on it.

Really? That is absolutely ridiculous.

Congratulations, you have just made Auburn parking even worse than it already was, which I didn't think was possible. Thank you for proving me wrong.

Robert Baker

junior, aviation management

Share and discuss “Frustrated by parking changes” on social media.