Her view: Campus dining disappoints

Nobody likes going to work. I get that. I love my job, but there are still days where I would rather just stay in bed and rewatch an entire season of "Arrested Development" on Netflix. So when I say this, I want everyone who works in campus dining to understand that I feel your pain. I do.

I've worked in food service before. I know that it's quite possibly the most mind-numbingly repetitive occupation on the planet. I used to find myself wishing for the apocalypse with startling frequency just so I'd never have to say "would you like fries with that" ever again. I really, really understand what it's like.

Not only do I work on campus, I go to school in the summer too. My co-workers and I are typically here for hours on end, often into the wee hours of the morning. And even without working here, classes don't end at three, and the only place on campus that serves real food past that time is Chick-fil-A.

Man cannot live on waffle fries alone. What I don't understand is why it was decided that 99 percent of the campus dining options close in the middle of the day. I ate Chick-fil-A twice in one day last week. I don't want to have to do that again.

I'm an American and I believe in choices. It's not fair that I have to settle for chicken dinners every night.

Share and discuss “Her view: Campus dining disappoints” on social media.