App of the Week: Reach your goals with Everest

You can enter your daily steps toward your goals and get encouragement from other users.

I'm a list-maker.
I have lists for my school assignments, Plainsman tasks, chores to do around my apartment, groceries and I even have my Christmas wish list already written.
By making lists, I see progress as I achieve my goals, and I feel satisfied when I accomplish something, even if it's a mundane task.
Everest is the app for people who also like to keep track of the small steps to maintain motivation for a dream or goal.
Everest starts by asking the user to enter any large-scale dream they have, such as running a marathon or learning to cook.
You can choose one dream to be your "Everest," or the dream you're currently focusing on the most.
Everest knows how to combat the intimidation factor of large-scale goals by breaking down goals into everyday steps that are accomplishable.
For example, if you set a goal to "lose 10 pounds," underneath that goal's page you can create steps that can be repeated every day, such as "do cardio for 30 minutes" or "drink a glass of water."
The app displays how many steps you've completed in total during your entire attempt to reach your ultimate goal.
You can set reminders if you need the extra push to complete the smaller steps to a goal. Pictures can also be added to document your success.
The default setting for dreams is public, so other members of Everest can comment and encourage you in your progress.
The community involvement in the Everest app is what helps make achieving goals more attainable.
If you are unsure what the next steps are on the road to your "Everest," the app offers the option to check out what other people with similar goals are doing or ask for a suggestion for your own goals.
Who knows, maybe there is a daily task you could be doing to reach your Everest you never considered.
If your friends are members of Everest, you can compile a "dream team" of three people to help keep you on track. Updates on your progress can also be shared on Facebook and Twitter if you really want to be held accountable.
The app also offers a search function that shows you all the other people on Everest who are working toward a similar goal so you can bounce encouragement and questions off of one another.
If you're looking for a way to finally set out to run your first 5K, finish the book you've been trying to read for a year or start saving for a new car, Everest is a great catalyst for movement.
As the developers of this app insist: Everyone's got their Everest. Climb yours.

Share and discuss “App of the Week: Reach your goals with Everest” on social media.