Downtown businesses offer Camp War Eagle visitors hot summer deals

With the bright sun and muggy air of summer comes another guest to the Loveliest Village on the Plains - the Camp War Eagle student.
With the arrival of those students comes the beautiful sight of specials and deals in stores around town.
Everyone can benefit from the incoming potential freshmen and their parents.
The employees at The Pink Room in downtown Auburn are excited about the arrival of campers and have several specials to show it.
"During Camp War Eagle, we're going to have 'Daily Deals,' so we'll have a full outfit put together each day that is a large percentage off," said Haley Guntharp, owner of The Pink Room.
If customers buy an outfit instead of individual pieces, an additional 20 percent is taken off the price.
Sometimes buying a complete outfit can pay off, especially when customers are able to get two pieces for a fraction more than what one regular priced item.
In addition to having "Daily Deals" during Camp War Eagle, The Pink Room will have specials the day before and after camp.
An additional 20 percent will be taken off all sale merchandise during Camp War Eagle.
Every Wednesday before camp, everything pink in the shop will be 20 percent off, in reference to the movie "Mean Girls."
Everything in the store that has navy on it will be 20 percent off the first day of camp. Anything with orange will also have 20 percent off on the following day.
Ellie Boutique and its sister store Ellie Shoe Boutique are also getting in the spirit of Camp War Eagle with extended store hours.
The store, which normally closes at 6 p.m., will stay open until 7 p.m. the night before each camp session, according to Quinley Etheredge, store manager.
Coupons for Ellie Boutique can be found in the students' camp books.
"They can come in, you know, while they're here," Etheredge said, "but it expires sometime in the fall, so they can use it when they come back."
Tiger Rags is having a buy one, get one free T-shirt deal, according to employee Katelyn Walden. The store is also handing out a 20 percent off coupon at the business fair held the second day of every camp session.
Trips to Toomer's Drugs at the corner of College Street and Magnolia Avenue, a large part of the Auburn culture, are built into the Camp War Eagle schedule. The first night of every camp, Toomer's Drugs will open from 10-11:30 p.m. to allow campers to purchase Blue Bell ice cream and their famous fresh-squeezed lemonade.

Share and discuss “Downtown businesses offer Camp War Eagle visitors hot summer deals” on social media.