Auburn UPC announces performers for fall concert Plainsfest

Auburn UPC announced on Monday the line up for the upcoming Plainsfest, a fall version of the Auburn Airwaves concert series.
UPC polled and listened to student requests and brought The Avett Brothers, B.O.B. and The Neighborhood to the Plains last spring.
"We chose this semester's concert just like any other concert based on student interest surveys and our YouPC campaign where students suggest who they want to see," said Emily Reed, director of PR for UPC. "We also look at current music trends in the music industry and lock down the best options available to us at the time."
On Aug. 29, Ben Rector and Switchfoot will be performing at Plainsfest located downtown. This will be Rector's second UPC event.
In spring of 2012, Ben Rector performed alongside NEEDTOBREATHE and Young the Giant for the year's Auburn Airwaves.
UPC announced the concert details via their Twitter, @AuburnUPC. Students tweeted their excitement about the event.
"Just screamed when I got out of my final because Ben Rector is coming back to Auburn, AuburnUPC is the bomb digity," tweeted Ellie Wittmer, junior in pre-health service administration.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Share and discuss “Auburn UPC announces performers for fall concert Plainsfest” on social media.