Low number of iron bowl tickets cause student disappointment

Each summer, students log on to their Tigeri accounts to purchase their Auburn football tickets for the upcoming football season.
Every student receives a specific date from June 10-17 to order tickets based on credit hours. Tickets tend to sell out quickly, so students often try to order as soon as possible.
Student season tickets are sold in seperate packages that include all home games. Five-game packages and three-game packages are available to the first students to log on.
Away games are also available for an additional price.
This year, the Iron Bowl, the most sought-after away game, sold out before many students were able to order.
This caused irritation for students who hoped to attend the game against Alabama.
They would not be able to sit in the student section during their final year as an Auburn undergraduate student.
According to Associate Athletic Director Kirk Sampson, the number of Iron Bowl tickets for students available this year is the same as previous years.
However, some students think this needs to change.
"I think they needed to have a lot more available," Alexis Castellanos, junior in business, said. "I know I'm just a junior, but a ton of seniors didn't get them and it's their last time to go."
Audrey Faircloth, junior in psychology, agrees.
"It's completely not fair that me and so many others in the same situation will be going into our last football season, because we'll graduate in May, and we didn't get tickets," Faircloth said.
Faircloth also disagrees with how people tend to increase ticket prices when they resell games they cannot attend.
"We'll be expected to pay significantly more to buy a ticket off someone else who may have bought it just for the purpose of making a profit off it, not because they actually wanted to go," Faircloth said.
Erin Stewart, senior in business managment, has attended Auburn football games for years and offers a possible solution.
"I think that upperclassmen should be able to get one away ticket per person to any away game depending on how many home and away games that student has attended during their time as an Auburn student," Stewart said.
This proposition would give the most loyal upperclassmen an advantage, while also encouraging loyalty in younger students as an incentive for future perks, according to Stewart.
Stewart has another idea to cut down on the number of students reselling tickets strictly for profit.
"I think the ticket office should make students use their actual ignited cards to enter games," Stewart said. "This would reduce ticket resales and make more tickets available for the people that actually want to go to the games."

Share and discuss “Low number of iron bowl tickets cause student disappointment” on social media.