New wine and tapas bar opens in Auburn

The management team at Cigar & Fine Spirits on Ogletree Road recently added on to their business by opening a wine and tapas bar next door.
The bar is The Cellar, and according to Rhianna Lerma, service manager of The Cellar, the tapas bar focuses on catering to a mostly female clientele.
Managing partner Jeff Julian said the decision to expand and open The Cellar happened naturally.
"Basically, we just outgrew our space and decided to expand next door," Julian said.
Julian later said he also thought they "had to do something for the ladies," since the typical Cigar & Fine Spirits client are male.
The menu features a different variety of drinks than those offered at Cigar & Fine Spirits, such as wines and martinis.
They will also serve tapas and a few larger meals, such as paninis and flatbreads.
Cigar & Fine Spirits does not offer food on their menu, something the staff wanted to offer at The Cellar.
"Honestly our regulars got a little agitated that we didn't have food," Lerma said. "After we got so many requests for it, we thought it would be a good idea to add it [to The Cellar menu]."
The Cellar opened its doors for the first time Saturday, July 19.
The Cellar is open Wednesday and Thursday from 5-10 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 5 p.m. until midnight.
Lerma said the hours might vary based on how busy the business ends up being during those times.
Lerma said she looks forward to seeing how people react to the new bar in its early stages.
"I think we're just kind of excited to get new people in and see a different clientele," Lerma said. "We're interested to see how the kitchen works and how people like the food and everything new we have added."
In addition to serving new drinks and food, The Cellar also offers live music every night they are open.
Bands and musicians will begin their performances at approximately 7 p.m. each night.
"There's a big stage, so it will be fun to have music and room to move around," Lerma said.
While The Cellar is located approximately 15 minutes away from downtown Auburn, some students plan to make a visit for a new experience.
"I really want to visit The Cellar soon just for something different," said Tori Pruitt, senior in secondary math education. "It's always fun to try out new places that open up in Auburn and switch up your typical routine."
The Cellar hopes to draw in new clients and watch their new bar take shape and establish regular customers in Auburn.
For more information on The Cellar, visit their website they share with Cigar & Fine Spirits, www.CigarAndFineSpirits.com or their Facebook page www.facebook.com/TheCellarAuburn. The Cellar may be reached via their telephone number, 334-521-7200.

Share and discuss “New wine and tapas bar opens in Auburn” on social media.