City Council discusses 2014 Homecoming Parade plans

Five Auburn City Council members were presented with Certificates of Election Tuesday after going unopposed in the upcoming elections.
Ron Anders, Jr. of Ward 2, Brent Beard of Ward 4, Gene Dulaney of Ward 7 and Mayor Bill Ham, Jr. were reelected to their respective positions.
Thomas L. Dawson was elected to the council seat for Ward 8 after running unopposed. He will replace councilperson Bob Norman who chose not to run for reelection.
Elections for contested seats, Wards 1,3, 5 and 6, will be held on Aug. 26.
The council also approved an amendment Tuesday standardizing parking time limits and meter of the municipal parking deck located on Gay Street.
The amendment will place all parking spots on the first floor of the deck under the same regulatory system used in the Gay Street lot.
"Everything under the deck now is being matched by what is currently at the Gay Street lot," city manager Charlie Duggan said. "We still have meters at the lot between the deck and buildings."
A resolution was passed with Bellsouth Telecommunications that passes a right-of-way use agreement with IP-enabled video services.
The resolution is expected to make AT&T's U-Verse available to Auburn residents.
During the Auburn University Communications portion, discussions were held on the scheduling of the 2014 Homecoming Parade.
The parade is scheduled for September 26th and will begin at 6 p.m. before wrapping up around 9:30 p.m.
The University is hoping to utilize the University Lawn for this year's event concerts.
Finalization of plans is expected in the coming weeks.

Share and discuss “City Council discusses 2014 Homecoming Parade plans” on social media.