Up-and-coming for the 2015 football season

FOR THOSE EDITING:

This information is meant to be placed in a graphic for the welcome back tab. If that won't be able to happen, please let me know and I will update the information to proper article form.

-ES

------------------------------------------------------------

Byron Cowart: Wearing a small number nine for a big fellow. Listed on the official roster at 6-foot-3, 277 pounds, Cowart is expected to immediately contribute to the defensive end position for the Tigers this season.

Chandler Cox: Auburn felt the loss of Jay Prosch last year, so Cox became a priority at fullback. 6-foot-1, 232 pound Cox is expected to lead the way blocking for Jovon Robinson, Rock Thomas and fellow newcomer Kerryon Johnson. 

Kerryon Johnson: The 2014 Alabama Mr. Football of Madison Academy comes to the Plains looking to siphon carries from Auburn’s full stable of running backs.

Tim Irvin: Having an uncle who every football fan knows as one of the best players of all time,Michael Irvin, Irvin has bag shoes to fill. Irvin was an early enrollee and got to practice this spring with the Tigers. Praised by Muschamp, he should provide quality depth in Auburn’s defensive backfield.

Jeffery Holland: The Tigers needed help at outside linebacker when Will Muschamp came in bringing his 3-4 defensive scheme, and Holland has the talent to play immediately. He’ll provide depth this year, but could easily push for starting time.

Darius Slayton: The greater Atlanta native is a prototypical wide receiver/defensive back. A high school sprint champion, Slayton is a speedy, big-bodied receiver for the Tigers.

Jason Smith: Originally committed to Auburn’s 2013 recruiting class, but attended junior college, Smith signed with Auburn and joined the team this summer. He played quarterback in high school and junior college, but is expected to play receiver this fall.

Share and discuss “Up-and-coming for the 2015 football season” on social media.