Cross-country competes at Panorama Farms Invite

In each of Auburn’s two cross country meets this season, either the men’s or women’s team had won.

For the first time in 2015, both Tiger teams were defeated at the Panorama Farms Invite in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Saturday, Sept. 26.

The men finished seventh in the 16-team field with 186 points. Three nationally ranked teams finished ahead of Auburn, including host Virginia, who won the meet with 41 points.

“On the men’s side it was a great experience to race against nationally ranked teams and we handled that challenge well,” Auburn coach Mark Carroll said.

The women finished third with 106 points in the 5K, which featured 15 teams. Virginia, ranked 16th nationally, also won the women’s race with 30 points.

“Overall a good performance for the ladies finishing third against some competitive teams and we now we have an opportunity to regroup before the month of October when the championship season begins,” Carroll said.

Senior Redatu Semeon finished in 24th place with a time of 24 minutes, 38 seconds in the 8K to lead the men’s team, while freshman Brenda Kigen paced the women with a time of 17 minutes, 10 seconds in the 5K, good for sixth place.

Both Auburn teams will return to action on Oct. 3 in the JSU Foothills Invitational in Jacksonville, Alabama.

Share and discuss “Cross-country competes at Panorama Farms Invite” on social media.