OPINION: What to wear on game day

Football season has started! Many people don’t know what they’re going to wear to the games, and some just don’t care.

I think the attire on game day is a big part of the tradition, and that’s with any school. So, you should wear your school colors, mainly in school spirit.

Some people choose not to dress up for games, which is okay, but it seems it would be more fun to do so.

I have seen people wear t-shirts to a game and it could be worn in a sloppy way or a game-day way. I honestly think wearing an Auburn t-shirt, some shorts, and sneakers or sandals is a cute and comfortable way to go.

For guys, a t-shirt, shorts or jeans, and sneakers. This way, you will be comfortable, but you won’t look like you don’t want to be there.

If you prefer dressier attire for the game, I think dresses are a nice option. Many places make nice dresses for game days, and your dresses don’t have to be both orange and blue.

You also don’t have to wear just orange and blue. Wearing white is a bright way to go as well. Whether it’s a white shirt, a white dress, or white pants, white goes with everything.

Most males will not wear anything too dressy unless they wear a suit or something similar.

If you’re not into wearing a dress to the game, wearing a nice shirt, and jeans or shorts is another good alternative. Maybe a halter top, or even just a sleeveless shirt could be cute.

Now I know some women like to wear heels to the games, and there is nothing wrong with doing so. Personally, I wouldn’t. Even though there are seats in the stadium, most people stand during the game, which will cause you to do the same because you probably won’t be able to see anything. If my feet have hurt during a game before and I had on boots, then heels will definitely hurt even more.

However, some heels are comfortable, and if you’re able to find a pair that won’t hurt during the game, then go ahead and enhance your outfit with your heels.

One thing I have noticed is that people can go a bit overboard with school spirit and it can be distracting, but I think the more school spirit people show, the better.

If you want to do something silly then you should. That’s what the games are for football, fun, and school spirit. Something silly can get you on the new video board, and as I said, it’s all about having fun.

Going to football games is not about what you wear, but instead how you wear it. A t-shirt can go far when it comes to an outfit. You can put your own style into the outfits I mentioned, of course. There’s a trend in what’s worn to games, and you just don’t want to look like the football game is the last place you want to be. 

Share and discuss “OPINION: What to wear on game day ” on social media.