Auburn chapter of National Society of Black Engineers to host A Walk for Education

The Auburn University National Society of Black Engineers (AUNSBE) is hosting A Walk for Education at the Boykin Community Center this Saturday, Oct. 24, from 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.. 

A Walk for Education (AWFE) is a program in which NSBE members go door to door in underserved Black communities and hand out information on college, scholarship information, SAT/ACT preparation tools, NSBE and share information on the benefits of majoring in STEM fields," said Njeri Bennett, an AUNSBE member and sophomore in industrial engineering.

A Walk for Education is part of the Technical Outreach and Community Help (T.O.R.C.H.) program of the NSBE, designed to promote enthusiasm and give exposure to the STEM fields in African-American communities. 

Volunteers will be split into teams and given specific houses to distribute information to and invite students to the community service event after the walk. 

"The actual walk will be from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., and the community service event will be from 2-4 p.m.," Bennett said. "The activities will be engineering and science based, for students that are in 3rd grade to 12th grade." 

Share and discuss “Auburn chapter of National Society of Black Engineers to host A Walk for Education” on social media.