Overcrowding in bars on game day weekends cause problems for patrons-NO PICTURE

On home game weekends, it's not just Auburn students flooding the bars, but friends and family from home, along with die-hard fans from the opposing team.
With the extra spirit pulsing through the campus, it can be tricky to get into the bars.
The game against Louisiana Tech had so many fans going to the bars that the lines spread way past the doorway, both Friday and Saturday night.
Moe's Original Bar-B-Que and 17-16 were no exceptions.
Ricky Carmack, general manager of Moe's Original Bar-B-Que, said they are allowed to have 99 people inside and as many as they want on the back patio.
"You have to stay at your occupancy," Carmack said. "The fire marshal did come last weekend. You just have to hold people out until somebody comes out, so you pretty much just have to do one in, one out."
The fire marshal will come in and count how many people are in the bar. If the bar is over capacity they can get an over capacity ticket, which is a misdemeanor and a fine, Carmack said.
During the LSU game, Moe's was so over capacity, they had to stop serving drinks until people left.
"Normally, once the game ends, people go out and roll Toomer's, but with being such a late game and the blow out, I feel like no one went to roll Toomer's, so we just really had way too many people inside at that time," Carmack said. "If you're over, they literally can write you a ticket and shut you down for the remainder of the night, so being over is just not worth it because you could miss out on thousands [of people], versus upsetting a couple hundred that you don't let in."
Brandon Sapp, general manager at 17-16, said they had to enforce one in, one out for the rest of the night after halftime of the LSU game.
"We've been open for seven and a half years, so we're pretty much well established to where we can handle situations like that," Sapp said. "You just can't get really nervous or anxious or anything like that."
The entire weekend is affected, not just the night of the game.
Kimberlyn Webster, senior in social science education, went to Skybar Cafe on Friday night.
"It was absolutely insane, like packed, jam packed," Webster said. "There was no cell phone service, so you couldn't find anybody, and I ended up just leaving after an hour because I couldn't find my friends."
Webster said she went at approximately 10:30 p.m. It took her about 30 minutes to get into the bar, then she had to wait another 20 minutes in line before she could get a drink. The cover to get in was $10.
Sapp said the best time to arrive before the crowds at the bar is before the game or during the game.
As far as future home games, Sapp said he thinks South Carolina and Texas A&M weekends won't be as crowded.
"Not as many of their fans come down," Sapp said. "LSU fans travel more, and Georgia fans."

Share and discuss “Overcrowding in bars on game day weekends cause problems for patrons-NO PICTURE” on social media.