Goalkeeper Alyse Scott named to SEC Community Service Team

<p>Auburn goalkeeper Alyse Scott makes a diving save in overtime against No. 14 South Carolina.</p>

Auburn goalkeeper Alyse Scott makes a diving save in overtime against No. 14 South Carolina.

The Southeastern Conference office named 14 athletes to the conference's Community Service Team this week, including redshirt junior goalkeeper Alyse Scott of Auburn.

2015 marks the 12th year the conference has sponsored the team, which looks to highlight an athlete from each school who gives back to their community in service efforts. This is the second time Scott has been been a part of the team, the first being in 2013.

The keeper has racked up over 200 hours of community service over the past year, helping with Campus Kitchens, Habitat for Humanity and United Way in the Auburn area.

2015 SEC Community Service Team

Abby Lutzenkirchen – Alabama

Teni Butler – Arkansas

Alyse Scott – Auburn

Courtney Douglas – Florida

Emma Sonnett – Georgia

Alex Carter – Kentucky

Natalia Gomez-Junco – LSU

Samantha Sanders – Ole Miss

Mallory Eubanks – Mississippi State

Candace Johnson – Missouri

Claire Studebaker – South Carolina

Josie Jennings – Tennessee

Sarah Shaw – Texas A&M

Taylor Elliott - Vanderbilt

Auburn Soccer will have a long-awaited rematch against the No. 15 Texas Tech Red Raiders in the NCAA Tournament''s second round Friday at 1 p.m. The winner will advance to the Sweet 16 to face either South Alabama or Florida State Sunday at noon. The match will be broadcasted on live radio via AuburnTigers.com and WEGL 91.1 FM.

Share and discuss “Goalkeeper Alyse Scott named to SEC Community Service Team” on social media.