The 5th annual Winter Wonderland Holiday Market to open on Dec. 1

As the winter holidays approach, the Grace United Methodist Church in Auburn opens its doors to kick off the giving season for early holiday shopping, while benefitting a local cause.

The fifth annual Winter Wonderland Holiday Market benefiting the Rape Counselors of East Alabama (RCEA) will be held on Tuesday, Dec. 1, from 10:30 a.m.-7 p.m.

A $5 donation is requested at entry.

“This is our chance to provide community outreach and help local businesses,” said Vickie Dearing, executive director and victim advocate for RCEA.

Dearing said the Winter Wonderland Holiday Market began five years ago to raise money for RCEA.

She said the money raised from the event will be used to help continue providing services for the area such as a 24-hour hotline, education about prevention and recovery resources for victims of sexual assault and their families.

Dearing said the holiday market has grown steadily over the years, the first year having approximately 12 vendors.

There will be over 30 vendors at this year’s holiday market, including businesses such as Pampered Chef, Hornsby Farms, My Initials, Reclaimed Wood, ItWorks and Jamberry Nails.

“People love to help local businesses and local charities, so this is a good way to do both,” said Beth Hornsby, owner of Hornsby Farms.

This is the second year Hornsby Farms has participated in the holiday market as a vendor.

Hornsby said the holiday market is a good way for vendors to get their name out there, and there is a steady flow of people throughout the day.

“It’s kind of a good mix of all the things you would expect of something like this," Hornsby said.

The holiday market will feature a silent auction and locally made goods and crafts such as jewelry, preserves and artwork.

Hornsby said because the holiday market is an all-day event, it allows flexibility for those with tight schedules.

For more information about Winter Wonderland Holiday Market or becoming a vendor, contact Vicky Dearing at vdearing@yahoo.com.

For more information about RCEA, visit http://www.rapecounselorsofeastalabama.com.

Share and discuss “The 5th annual Winter Wonderland Holiday Market to open on Dec. 1 ” on social media.