Emily Enfinger | Photo Editor

Articles

The last obstacle: graduation photos

Within the next couple of days, campus will be flooded with graduating students dressed up in their finest with black caps and gowns while schlepping a friend or family member around campus to take photos. Lines that seem to extend on for miles will appear outside Samford Hall, the University sign, the seal and the “War Eagle” graffiti next to J&M Bookstore: the quintessential photo-shoot locations for any Auburn graduate.

OPINION: Farewell to my Plainsman family

Last semester, my art photography professor sat me down and asked, “What does Emily want to do?” knowing that graduation would soon be approaching for me. The past two and a half years, my life has revolved around The Auburn Plainsman.

The 5th annual Winter Wonderland Holiday Market to open on Dec. 1

As the winter holidays approach, the Grace United Methodist Church in Auburn opens its doors to kick off the giving season for early holiday shopping while benefiting a local cause. The 5th annual Winter Wonderland Holiday Market benefiting the Rape Counselors of East Alabama will be held on Tuesday, Dec.

OPINION: Life after graduation

Graduation is approaching and for many people this is a wondrous occasion. Many students have a pretty clear idea on what they are going to do after school and already have work lined up.

OPINION: Support all members of the Auburn Family

Although we are a student media group that is supported by the University, we are not here to act as it's PR. We are here to learn and become credible journalists who do their job and tell the truth. We are not here to entertain you. We are here to inform you of the news. Auburn fans should take pride in the fact that there are many groups and organizations on campus that help students reach their fullest potential in their study of interest by providing opportunities to practice and learn. They should support those students, because they are just as much of a representation of the University as any athlete.

Pressures of tradition in the Bible Belt

Over the past few years, my Facebook newsfeed has evolved rapidly into a catchall of my peers’ engagements, wedding announcements, babies, “My boyfriend will be the best husband,” anniversaries and kitschy seasonal couple photos.

Media