A guide to the best desserts on campus

Sometimes you just need something sweet. It could be a reward for taking that test you studied hard for, a Friday treat or just a little bit of sugar to top off your meal.

Most of the best options are in the heart of campus. Inside the Student Center, there’s the pastry hub Au Bon Pain and milkshakes at Chick-fil-A. But there are some sweets you may not have tried or haven’t tried a certain way. 

Chick-N-Grill cookies

Despite the smell of fried food as you pass by Chick-N-Grill, the dining venue sells the best chocolate chip cookies on campus. The Hershey’s Triple Chocolate with Hershey’s Kisses cookies are always chewy, and you can’t escape a bite without a chocolate chunk. If you want to try the cookie a different way, try refrigerating it.

Denny’s All-Nighter cookies

Located in Village Dining, Denny’s All-Nighter large s’mores cookies are best when microwaved for a few seconds. That way the marshmallow and chocolate chunks melt like they’re right off the campfire. If you’re not a huge chocolate fan, the oatmeal raisin cookies are just as chewy and sweet. 

Go Greek baklava 

Looking to try something that isn’t cake or cookie? Baklava is a little outside the box. Commonly regarded as a Greek dessert, baklava is a layered flaky pastry with chopped nuts held together by honey and spiced with a taste of cinnamon.

Chick-fil-A milkshakes

When in the mood for some ice cream but not the whole pint from the C-store, it’s probably time to brave the Chick-fil-A line and grab a milkshake. Whether it’s a smooth classic flavor or a crunchy cookies and cream blend, it’ll get your ice cream craving fixed.

Au Bon Pain pastries

If none of these specific desserts suit your fancy, take a walk to ABP and peruse the pastries. Cinnamon rolls and cheese Danishes are some of the most popular, according to staff, but blueberry muffins are picked off just as quickly. From chocolate croissants to harvest cookies, ABP is the best place to find a broad selection of desserts.

These are just a few of the best places to satisfy your sweet tooth, but sometimes coffee might come into play, and you’ll really need that Frappuccino. Or you might really want a doughnut from Caribou Coffee to go with your coffee. Whatever the case, there’s always a way to stay sweet. 

Share and discuss “A guide to the best desserts on campus” on social media.