Former student moves to Los Angeles to continue her acting career

Auburn student moves to Los Angeles to continue her acting career

After completing the past fall semester at Auburn, Mackenzie Lintz moved to Los Angeles for her career as a rising actress.

Lintz starred as Norrie Calvert-Hill in the CBS television series “Under the Dome,” and she also had a role as a tribute girl in “The Hunger Games.”

Attending college is usually something that happens slowly over time or later for actors than everybody else, Lintz said.

“For me, I booked out of the industry for my first fall, which was my off season for ‘Under the Dome’ anyway, so that I could go to Auburn,” Lintz said.

Walking on campus as an official Auburn student was a dream come true, Lintz said.

Because her father graduated from Auburn, Lintz said Auburn was all she knew as a baby. 

“I had always wanted [to go there],” Lintz said. “It’s definitely something I will always be proud of.”

She completed two semesters on campus and one semester online with Auburn, she said.

“I will always be so thankful for the opportunities I received there,” Lintz said.

Lintz, who will finish her degree online and on time, said Auburn will most likely be her only on-campus college experience.

Katie Gray Carlson, junior in elementary education, met Lintz on sorority Bid Day of 2014 when they both ran home to Alpha Delta Pi.

Katie said Mackenzie was an awesome friend and role model to others. 

“Lots of people can testify to that,” Katie said. “I honestly forget sometimes that she is an actress because she is so humble and down to earth.”

Katie said it always catches her off guard when she sees Lintz on television, but she loves it.

“I always text her when I see her on TV,” Katie said. “She is so gracious about it. It’s so encouraging to see someone with an amazing heart for the Lord glorify him in a really public setting. I know so many younger girls look up to her, and she sets a really great example.”

Benjamin Carlson, junior in architecture, met Lintz through his sister Katie on the way to a Braves baseball game during freshman year.

Benjamin said he was not sure what she would be like, knowing she was actress.

“You see actresses on TV and always wonder what they’re really like,” Benjamin said. “When I met Mackenzie, I quickly realized she was just a girl in college with a great personality, who’s fun to talk to and who has good taste in music.”

Benjamin said seeing Lintz on screen is a weird sensation.

“Imagine seeing somebody you go to school with suddenly right there on your TV,” Benjamin said. “My reaction when watching ‘Under the Dome’ for the first time was just kind of like me smiling the whole time, because it was so weird to see somebody I see on campus, somebody I’m friends with right there on the TV show. It’s kind of surreal in a way. But Mackenzie is really good at what she does, and that makes it really fun to watch her.”

Lintz will be in Los Angeles for the next full calendar year and possibly longer.

“There are so many more jobs out here, and it’s a good place to set up in my industry,” Lintz said. “I will be auditioning all year and hoping for the best.”

Lintz said she loves the opportunity to play characters that people can relate to and learn from.

“You never know who can be touched or affected by a character or performance,” Lintz said. “Getting to tell a new story from a new perspective every day is what I would be lucky to do for the rest of my life.”

Share and discuss “Former student moves to Los Angeles to continue her acting career ” on social media.