For women: get your spring fashion look

Spring is here, and the weather is changing. With warmer weather comes newer styles. Girls start to shed their layers and replace them with lighter, cooler clothing.

Alice Baker, freshman in journalism, said the easiest way to stay cool is to throw on a skirt that buttons up in the front and pair it with a flowy top.

Amy Guglielmi, sophomore in accounting, said crop tops are always a must when it comes to staying cool. She said they are best paired with a cute pair of flowy printed shorts.

Both girls agreed flowy is the way to go when it comes to women's spring fashion. 

When it comes to patterns, Lily Hardwick, sophomore in human development and family studies, said everything floral is always in style.

Hardwick also said denim is everywhere – shorts and skirts topped off with an off the shoulder top are guaranteed to turn heads. Hardwick added all things Free People never go out of style.

On the topic of hot shoes, Guglielmi said a classic pair of strappy sandals are the best way to finish an ensemble. 

Baker said healed booties go with everything, and since they are short they can be worn through the spring as well.

Hardwick agreed, saying open toe wedge booties wrap up any look.

Something worn in the South that is not native to the North, Baker said, are Off the Beaten Track sandals. Girls everywhere can be seen sporting these comfy wedges — to chapter, football games or a night out on the town, according to Baker.

Both Baker and Gugliemli agreed long, layered necklaces were a must to complete every outfit. Guglielmi said the short statement necklaces were on their way out, and longer necklaces have made their way to center stage.

Hardwick also added necklaces with stones seem to be making an appearance as well.

Share and discuss “For women: get your spring fashion look” on social media.