Spring Fashion Issue: Splash into spring and summer weather with these bathing suits

With summer in the near future, it is time to dig out swimsuits from the bottom of drawers and gather clothes for the warmer weather.

For girls, there are many bathing suit options on the market. Triangle bikinis continue to remain popular, and one-piece, cut out, crop top and strapless bandeau bathing suits are coming into style.

Imani Malone, freshman in chemical engineering, said she likes the multi-colored swimsuits form Victoria's Secret.

For guys' swimwear, board shorts and midlength swim trunks are popular, but there seems to be a trend of more designs and colors on the trunks.

Charles Ayers, junior in electrical engineering, said he prefers certain brands of clothing for the beach and warmer weather.

"I like to wear my American flag swim trucks," Ayers said. "I also like to wear a Columbia hat to block the sun."

When you are not swimming in the ocean or lying by the pool, you should still be dressed for the rising temperatures.

Malone said her spring wardrobe also includes old-fashioned, high-waisted shorts and Nike shorts as well as Birkenstock sandals.

Maia Meredith, junior in architecture, said she prefers Keds during the springtime.

"They are very lightweight and comfortable," Meredith said. "But, they are also fashionable because of the variety of colors and designs. They go with everything."

For nights out, girls can wear rompers or sundresses with a pair of flats, and guys can wear khakis and a simple button-down shirt.

Meredith said she likes to wear anything that is light-weight and comfortable for when she goes out at night, and she makes sure to always bring a sweater just in case it gets a little chilly.

No matter what brands or styles you enjoy, spring break is a time when you get to take advantage of less layers and enjoy the outdoors.

Share and discuss “Spring Fashion Issue: Splash into spring and summer weather with these bathing suits” on social media.