Spicer Music host event to break a world record

Tim Spicer of Spicer’s music is throwing an event on “Make Music Day” to celebrate the holiday and attempt to break a world record.

Make Music Day was started in France in 1982 and now is a holiday with 120 countries around the world and 34 cities in the U.S. that recognize the day.

On June 21st Spicer is going to attempt to create the worlds largest band in honor of the holiday and break the previous Guinness World Record.

“Since we will be the first city in Alabama to recognize the day we thought we’d kick it off with a bang,” Spicer said. “We thought it’d be a challenge but worth it.”

To break the world record over 520 musicians will have to register and participate in the event.

“There will be a lot of focus and attention to music and arts,” Spicer said. “We hope to see tons of musicians from all walks of life be brought together.”

The event will require people to bring their own instruments but there will be a drum, guitar, brass and woodwind, orchestra and choir section for people to chose to play or sing in.

“In order to be successful we want everyone who plays and loves music to come and be involved,” Spicer said. “We want people from professional musicians to moms and dads who just want to shake it to be apart of the event.”

The song that will be performed will be Lynard Skynard’s “Sweet Home Alabama” and participants will receive the sheet music for their instrument upon registering.

The event will be on Good Morning America and is going to be held at the Gay Street Municipal Parking lot. 

Anyone interested in being apart of the band can register on the Spicer Music Website.

To attend is free and all participants will receive a free t-shirt the day of the event. 

Share and discuss “Spicer Music host event to break a world record ” on social media.