COLUMN: Halloween costumes for procrastinators

College students are the unofficial spokespeople of procrastination whether it be homework, an essay or getting a costume for the spookiest night of the year: Halloween.

The evening of Oct. 31 is a day that (almost) every college student looks forward to for months. With school, internships, a social life and maybe even a job it’s no surprise that getting a costume ready may slip through the cracks on a list of priorities.

Fortunately, we prepared a fool-proof list of quick and easy costume ideas. You can thank us later.

Damian from "Mean Girls." This is an effortless go-to costume. Grab a pair of sunglasses, zip yourself into a blue hoodie and create a "She doesn't even go here," sign and  you'll be super fetch.

A hippie. You can be totally groovy by simply throwing some braids in your hair, working that boho or tie-dye shirt and strutting in your favorite wide-leg pants or bell-bottoms. 

School girl/boy. This costume is simple and comfortable. Choose a button-up collared shirt to pair with khakis or a skirt. Who knows, maybe the costume will inspire you to study for the test you have the next day! 

Greek God or Goddess. What could be easier than rolling out of bed after your afternoon nap and wrapping yourself in a bed sheet? Few things. Add a crown of leaves and gold jewelry and you won't have to Apollo-gize for missing Halloween.

Sports-star. There is always a reason to wear an auburn football jersey and Halloween is one of them! Put on your favorite jersey and add face paint under your eyes with eyeliner or a marker (permenant markers are not recommended unless you plan on celebrating Halloween for the next few days). 

You no longer have an excuse to skip Halloween so go out, stay safe and try your absolute best to make it to your 8 a.m. on Tuesday.  

Share and discuss “COLUMN: Halloween costumes for procrastinators” on social media.