Welcome Week: 'A Success'

<p></p>

The phrase “Welcome to Auburn!” echoed across campus as Auburn greeted both new and returning students the first week of classes through the annual Welcome Week program. 

Discussing SGA’s participation in the week, SGA President Jacqueline Keck named a few of their events including ‘Breakfast for You,’ providing breakfast for students on the Haley Concourse, ‘ASK ME’ helping students find their classes and ‘Hamburgers with Ham’ serving free hamburgers and offering the chance to meet city officials.

“The foundation of each of these events was rooted in SGA’s mission statement: Serving and promoting the individual student, unifying all that is Auburn. SGA was excited to serve the students in each of the capacities listed above and unify the Auburn family,” Keck said.

Freshman from Pennsylvania Kait Mitchell brought up the pizza party held for out-of-state students. 

“On a campus full of students who have known each other for years, the out-of-state pizza party showed me exactly how many kids are in the exact same situation as me in adjusting and let me connect to people with a similar story,” Mitchell said.

“[Honors Freshman Frenzy]  made me feel like there were a lot of opportunities to meet new people,” said Sophie Poling, freshman in psychology.

Freshman Alex Honbarrier met people he now calls friends through Screen on the Green, an event at which students were treated to pizza and the newest "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie on the Greenspace. 

“I was really excited to go to Screen on the Green because it was a really convenient way to meet new people while enjoying an excellent movie,” Honbarrier said.

“Overall, Welcome Week was a huge success and a great way to welcome everyone back to the Plains,” Keck said.

Share and discuss “Welcome Week: 'A Success'” on social media.