Jarrett Stidham near the top in opening 2018 Heisman odds

Stidham announced Jan. 5 on Twitter that he would remain at Auburn for the next season

While the 2017 college football season may have ended three weeks ago for the Auburn Tigers, all eyes are already looking toward awards for the 2018 season, including the coveted Heisman Trophy.

Bovada Official released early odds for the Heisman, awarded to the best player in college football, and Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham is currently listed at 12/1 odds to win the award, tied with three others for fifth on the list.

Stidham is tied with Ohio State running back J.K. Dobbins, and quarterbacks Jake Fromm from Georgia and West Virginia’s Will Grier. Ahead of the pack are Stanford’s Bryce Love (7/1), Wisconsin’s Jonathan Taylor (8/1), Arizona’s Khalil Tate (9/1) and Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa (10/1).

Stidham, a sophomore transfer from Baylor University, started all 14 games for the Tigers this past season, leading the team to a 10-4 record with impressive wins over Georgia and Alabama, the teams who both just played for the national title two weeks ago. 

To add to his resume, Stidham co-won the SEC Newcomer of the Year, Second Team All SEC Quarterback and was named as a finalist for both the Manning and Earl Campbell awards. 

Stidham announced Jan. 5 on Twitter that he would remain at Auburn for the next season.

Share and discuss “Jarrett Stidham near the top in opening 2018 Heisman odds” on social media.