Out with the old, in with the new

The biggest trends of 2017 and how they are developing or fading in 2018

2017:

• - Athleisure
  • oThis trend, starting in 2017, is all about comfort and looking like you are about to go for a run or hit the gym. Most people pull off athleisure without ever going to the gym, but we don’t see this trend fading out anytime soon.
  • - Rainbow food, clothes, make-up
  • oThis idea of rainbow everything has been a huge trend during the 2017 year. Even though bold colors will be a big movement in 2018, rainbows will slowly begin to fade.
  • - Online shopping
  • oThe past year was all about comfort and convenience; this was show directly through the increase in numbers of online shoppers. The idea of easy checkout with direct shipping is very unlikely to fade anytime soon.
  • - Alexa, voice technology
  • oVoice enabled technology was the hottest gift of 2017 this Christmas. Although it is entertaining and tends to be helpful, some people are skeptical of how well they respond and listen to conversation. People are still fascinated by the technology and have continued to buy them in 2018.
  • - Fashion: 80s
  • oA major fashion trend that arose during 2017 was the resurgence of neon and 80s fashion. Bold colors will be a top trend of 2018 but the ruffles and logos will start to disappear as the fashion industry transitions into the new season’s lines.

2018:

• - High intensity workouts (Worldwide Survey of Fitness Trends for 2018)
  • oAccording to the “Worldwide Survey of Fitness Trends for 2018”, the biggest workout trend of the year will be high intensity workouts. People won’t just be wearing athleisure but will be getting in shape and using their wardrobe for something other than comfort.
  • - Florals & fringe
  • oEven though we will see plenty of colors and designs this year in fashion, fringe and florals will be huge. This trend started some in 2017 but will carry into 2018 and flourish.
  • - Middle Eastern spices and food
  • oThe idea of glittery, colorful food in 2017 is losing its luster, but heat and flavor are starting to gain attention. People are leaning more towards middle Eastern food and their spices for a new variety to their plates.
  • - Artificial intelligence
  • oLately, we have seen a spike in artificial intelligence and the exploration of machine learning. Alexa and other artificial intelligence are coming to homes and beginning to increase in popularity. We will see this trend develop into 2018 as technology only gets more advanced.
  • - Electric vehicles
  • oWith more companies building electric vehicles, the competition rises and makes the prices more reasonable. The more people purchasing electric vehicles causes their used car rate to increase, allowing even more people to purchase this new technology.

Share and discuss “Out with the old, in with the new” on social media.