Keck wins SGA president, becomes third female president in AU history

Jacqueline Keck was announced the new SGA president after a runoff vote between herself and Brock Hendon.

She is the third female president in Auburn University's history. 

Keck said she was happy to earn the position after all of her team's effort.
"I was really glad that all of my team's hard work really paid off," Keck said. "That was the first thought. I know everybody's tired and everyone has tests, but everyone really rallied."

When asked what she wanted to get started on, Keck laughed and said she wasn't sure she'd have an option. 

"I have a feeling somebody else is going to tell me what I need to do," Keck joked.

Keck said she plans to work on some initiatives over the summer in Washington D.C. and then hopes to expand them on campus.

"[I will] really be working on the Auburn intern housing initiative, kind of getting that up and off the ground in the College of Liberal Arts," Keck said.

Hendon said he enjoyed running against his friend.

"Jacqueline is a close friend and a great person as well," Hendon said. "A great leader and a great Auburn woman."

The experience was humbling, Hendon said.

"It's been a great week and an incredible experience," Hendon said. "I want to thank all my friends and supporters who worked so hard on my behalf and joined in my vision to build a better Auburn. I am humbled by the willingness of so many to selflessly give their time to support me."

Hendon said his commitment to Auburn will not waver after his loss.

"It was a fun week and I enjoyed getting to talk to students about their Auburn experience," Hendon said. "Again, I congratulate Jacqueline and wish her all the best.  I love Auburn and, as always, I remain committed to doing anything I can to make Auburn better. God Bless and War Eagle."

One of her favorite memories from her campaign was when she woke up on the day of the run-off election, Keck said.

"This morning I was up at 6:45 and I drove around the corner of campus and I saw girls on every corner of every street across crosswalks and that was really cool to see that people were willing to wake up for me in the cold when they had tests and kind of rally together," Keck said. "It was awesome."

Share and discuss “Keck wins SGA president, becomes third female president in AU history ” on social media.