The Plainsman's Choice for Mexican Restaurant of the Year: El Dorado

El Dorado is the place for Friday dinners with friends. The environment can put anyone in the mood for a fun weekend.

The food comes out piping hot, ready to be consumed. The servers leave a trail of steam behind them as they whisk the food through the restaurant to your table — careful to point out that the plate is always hot.

Located conveniently in the middle of South College Street, the location serves a base for further adventure and excursions.

The salsa is unbeatable. The frigid, fresh taste has just enough zing to satisfy the hot heads, but enough pairing flavors to give spicy-sensitive customers a break.

If you are ready for something new and authentic, give the back few pages of the menu a glance. Stray from the basics and go with the larger plates. Although they are a bit more pricey, they will have your taste buds dancing.

Molcajete is a perfect dish for sharing — as long as you have no vegetarians. A firey-hot black caldron is piled high with steak, chicken, shrimp, grilled cactus and chorizo. Dig a little deeper and you will find rich, tomato-based sauce to slather your tortillas in.

If you are of age and ready to get a little crazy, try one of the margaritas. The larger, the better. The crazy flavors are just as good as the house.

There are many reasons to love El Dorado. Give it a shot and find one that will keep you going back.

Share and discuss “The Plainsman's Choice for Mexican Restaurant of the Year: El Dorado ” on social media.