Auburn thanks donors with 3D light show on Samford

It showed the effects that those donations will have, including 2,100 student scholarships and 106 new professorships.

<p>Light show on Samford Hall as a thank you to donors on Friday, Sept. 14, 2018 in Auburn, Ala.</p>

Light show on Samford Hall as a thank you to donors on Friday, Sept. 14, 2018 in Auburn, Ala.

Samford Hall came alive Friday and Saturday nights with a 3D presentation honoring Auburn donors.

“I enjoyed it,” said Raquel Scherlis, Auburn student. “I like how you saw Samford being built up and all of the light and how everything matched up perfectly."

The spectacle is a short video projection onto Samford Hall. It was a gesture of gratitude to Auburn donors and showed the effects that those donations will have, including 2,100 student scholarships and 106 new professorships.

“I like the idea of drawing people from the town tonight to have an event,” said Caroline Botsford, Auburn alumna. “It was fun.”

As the event began, a recording of the iconic voice of Auburn football’s announcer is heard saying, “Never in all my days have I seen anything like this.”

"We had a great turn out,” said Jason Peevy, associate vice president for communications, marketing and campaign strategy. “It’s a great way for us to say thank you to all of the people who have contributed to this campaign.”

The eight video projectors used for the show redraw and reimagine historic Samford Hall with innovational designs, highlighting research and Auburn’s commitment to progress, as well as Auburn's values.

Share and discuss “Auburn thanks donors with 3D light show on Samford” on social media.